Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A warning to all food bloggers out there?

In my lingering post-holiday food coma, the thought about writing hasn't been too appealing. . . but I came across this article in the Guardian which caught my eye. Recipes can be dangerous stuff: 

Judges ruled that the newspaper failed to test the recipe before publication, and that if readers followed the recipe exactly, the churros had a good chance of exploding once the oil reached the suggested temperature.
"The explosions were so violent that in some cases the splashes hit the ceiling and covered the person who was cooking," the court said.
"Faithfully following the recipe published in the newspaper, this damage could not have been avoided."
Guess I won't be cruising Chilean newspapers for churros tips. I'm so curious about what specifically they suggested that led to so many incidents, but alas they aren't publishing the original article.