Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving, 2 years later

Life since the last post has been, well, life. Full, complicated, difficult, rewarding and never lacking adventure though also at times slightly bleak. . .

However - this Thanksgiving has taken me to Crystal Mountain Resort in northern Michigan with my parents, brother, and our cat Fatty. It has been a welcome break as this fall was one of the hardest in memory. Things are looking up and I suppose I do have much to be grateful for: first and foremost my health, and always my family and my friends who have truly been rockstars.

So in the holiday spirit and to get back into blogging foodie mode, a few pictures from our Thanksgiving this year:

The view of the table with drinks - we had a lush 2008 Parducci Cabernet Sauvignon (soon to be available at my mother's lovely restaurant), Toso Champagne from Argentina (great quality/price ration, very smooth and drinkable - thanks Whole Foods recommendation!) and some local St. Julian Blue Heron White for desert (also available at Ayse's Cafe and a very underrated little white in my opinion).

My plat composé

Our delicious bird


Wild rice stuffing and cranberry sauce



And a pre-dinner shot of me and my brother.


Wishing you and yours warm wishes over Thanksgiving with much to be grateful for and much good food, wine, and cheer.