Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Day in the Life. . .(part deux)

Some days are just a beast. Today was one. Tomorrow will be another. And then, finally, a fun weekend.

Luckily some nice moments broke the gloom. And while I did not burst into song like Julie Andrews, it was nice to enjoy some of my favorite things. . .

1. It snowed!!!!!! To the naysayers: yes, the novelty and joy will wear off in about 24 hours as the prospect of the next few months kicks. But this is how snow makes me and my IKEA man feel.


2. Grocery shopping and realizing that my slightly dysfunctional, though extremely gourmand shopping cart only included
  • A half a case of wine (is it my fault that Buschs has amazing wine sales?)
  • 4 avocados (ditto the sale)
  • roasted peppers (yup)
  • blue corn chips
  • and a copy of Harpers.
Dysfunction, or a recognition and acceptance of the sweeter things in life. . . the wine is for a holiday party and include a Spanish Verdejo and Pinot Noir from Coppala's winery, both of which I am really excited to try. Given the amazing sale prices, I also picked up some Chilean carmenère, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, Australian Cabernet Sauvignon, and a Spanish red to round out my "cellar."

And of course we had a busy day at the cafe, which was rewarding but tiring after an incredibly high stress week.

But as long as my cellar is full, the cat happy and my Internet working, life in our little city/big town will go on.